Roku Channel Adds Slate Of Popular Free Kids’ Programs
In addition its expanding its range of first-run content, The Roku Channel (TRC) said this week it is broadening its library of popular kids content, available to stream for free.
Roku’s mostly ad-supported portal for free streaming content and popular third-party premium subscription offerings, announced this week that it is adding to “Kids & Family’ one-stop-shop experience some of the most popular kids characters and programs for viewers in the United States and United Kingdom.
The Roku Channel, is a streaming app available on Roku streaming devices, Roku TVs and on some third party smart TV and media adapter streaming platforms that aggregates hundreds of movies and TV programs available for free with advertising-based video on demand. It also collects popular third premium subscription video on demand (SVoD) services that that viewers can subscribe to in one location.
Roku said that along with free popular movies and new and popular legacy TV programs, TRC has a compelling collection of kids-fare, arranged in a way that makes it easy for children and parents to find interesting and appropriate selections in one fast-access destination.
Offerings range from kids music and gaming to some of the most popular characters with Kids & Families from today and past years.
Some of the latest newly added offerings include the following:
• Angelina Ballerina – Based on the Angelina Ballerina series of children’s books by Katharine Holabird and illustrated by Helen Craig, the series is about Angelina Mouseling, a young mouse who loves to dance ballet, and her family and classmates.
• Barney and Friends – Barney, the purple singing dinosaur popular with kids and parents alike for decades, and his young friends share adventures, songs, dances and games while making learning fun.
• LankyBox – LankyBox features Adam McArthur and Justin Chroma, as a comedic duo whose viral videos are family friendly, bright, colorful, and have reached hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
• Koala & Giraffe – Fun songs for young kids, with topics including bedtime, lunchtime, summertime and more!
• Super JoJo – A popular YouTube character, Super JoJo provides learning-by-playing content for children aged 1 to 3. Content focuses on entertaining and educational themes for parents and kids to watch together.
• Super Simple Songs – Super Simple Songs is a collection of original kids songs and classic nursery rhymes made simple for young learners. Combining animation and puppetry with music.
The Roku Channel Kids & Family experience also continues to incude a host of family favorites including: Baby Shark, CoCoMelon, Garfield, The Kids Diana Show, Peppa Pig, Ryan’s World, Teletubbies and others.
Online purchases made using links provided on this site might generate a small commission for HD Guru.com. We thank you for your support!
By Greg Tarr
Have a question for the HD Guru? HD GURU|Email
Copyright ©2021 HD Guru Inc. All rights reserved. HD GURU is a registered trademark.