LG Brings fuboTV App To 2018-2021 WebOS TVs
LG webOS enabled smart TVs sold between 2018-2021 have added the app for sports-centric live streaming subscription video service fuboTV (2018-2021 models) in the U.S., LG said Monday.
The cord-cutters live streaming alternative service features more than 100 sports, news and entertainment channels, like those found on many cable and satellite TV services, but with easier sign-up and cancellation terms and often at lower monthly rates.
LG Smart TVs users will be able to sample a free trial of fuboTV by scanning the QR code on the fuboTV app.
LG said the app will be available on a range of model series in its webOS lineup including all of its OLED TVs from 2018 onward. All 2021 OLED models include webOS v.6.0, with built-in Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, access to most popular streaming apps and LG Channels, and works with Apple AirPlay2 and HomeKit capability.
The 2021 webOS models also have a revamped user interface with faster access to apps as well as simpler content discovery with finely-tuned personalized recommendations. The redesigned Magic Remote has dedicated hot keys for popular content providers, allowing users to connect to their favorite services with just the push of a button.
The fuboTV app offers a range of viewing features including the following:
● Profiles: up to six users within a subscription can personalize their fuboTV experience. Profiles allow each individual user to have their own set of recordings (which never expire), personalized recommendations, and a guide that is unique to their content preferences.
● Customizable Guide: users on the LG Smart TV app will be able to “favorite” channels and move their top selections to the front of their guide, making sure they can easily access the content that is most important to them.
● Record Series: this “set it and forget it” feature allows users to record an entire series with one click, and no longer have to worry about missing an episode of their favorite show.
● Record Teams: users can keep up with all of their favorite teams without having to worry about missing any of the action. With just one click, users can record all games for a specific team to watch anytime.
● Watch Next: fuboTV’s new Watch Next feature is set up for easy binge watching. Once an episode ends the next episode is automatically suggested to the viewer.
Online purchases made using links provided on this site might generate a small commission for HD Guru.com. We thank you for your support!
By Greg Tarr
Have a question for the HD Guru? HD GURU|Email
Copyright ©2021 HD Guru Inc. All rights reserved. HD GURU is a registered trademark.