Hisense Unveils L9G TriChroma Laser TV With HDR, Android TV
Timed for CEDIA Expo, Hisense introduced Wednesday its L9G 4K DLP-based TriChroma Laser TV.
The Ultra Short Throw projector is the latest addition to the company’s U.S. premium home theater entertainment product lineup. It is among the first projectors to feature a light engine with three lasers (red, green and blue) capable of presenting what Hisense said is 107% of BT-2020 wide color gamut.
In addition, the TriChroma’s lasers are said to “help produce razor sharp and color accurate imagery with amazing depth.”
The projector, which is shipping now, features 3,000 ANSI Lumens of peak brightness and comes packaged with either a 100-inch ($5,499 suggested retail) or 120-inch screen ($5,999 suggested retail) optimized for ultra short throw projection angles. Users can choose between an ALR Daylight screen, which is said to be optimal for use in bright and open spaces like living rooms, or an ALR Cinema screen, which is suited to dark rooms or home theaters.
Between the screen and the L9G, Hisense expects to appeal to a wider number of homes looking for an ultra-large-screen TV.
Key features in the projector include the following:
• Smooth Motion – The L9G uses a Digital Micromirror Device (DLP) affording faster reaction to movement than an LED or OLED TV. This is said to present motion that appears much smoother than most displays and making fast-action sports and movies more fluid
• High Dynamic Range – The LG9G will display high dynamic range content from the HDR10 and Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) HDR profiles. The high bright light engine helps the projector present HDR graded content with specular highlights and color depth for more realistic looking images.
• Dolby Atmos – The projector has a built-in 40-Watt sound system with Dolby Atmos wide sound stage processing for added clarity and depth. The projector also supports the new Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) technology over an ultra-high-speed HDMI port, enabling passing through large high-bitrate audio signals like Dolby Atmos with True HD multi-channel soundtracks from the projector to a connected sound system.
• Android TV OS – The L9G projector includes a built-in Android TV OS with more than 5,000 streaming apps for music, videos and games. The platform can further stream apps from compatible Android mobile devices through built-in Chromecast support.
• Smart Home Ready – The projector has expansive AI smart home control via built-in WiFi connectivity, Google Assistant, Works with Alexa and Control4 certification. This enables integration and interoperability with many smart home IoT devices and control systems.
The Hisense L9G also includes Filmmaker Mode for projectors that optimizes the picture settings to present images as the content creators intended them to be seen.
It is also WiSA Ready, making it easy to connect to WiSA-certified wireless speakers for multi-channel speaker setup without the need of an expensive and bulky AV receiver or amp.
Online purchases made using links provided on this site might generate a small commission for HD Guru.com. We thank you for your support!
By Greg Tarr
Have a question for the HD Guru? HD GURU|Email
Copyright ©2021 HD Guru Inc. All rights reserved. HD GURU is a registered trademark.