HD Fury Unveils `World’s First HDMI eARC Adapter’
AV compatibility solutions developer HD Fury has introduced a new workaround for eARC issues called the HD Fury Arcana.
Owners of non eARC-supporting source devices with eARC supporting TVs will now be able to enjoy some of the feature benefits of the new eARC system.
In addition, those with TVs lacking an eARC HDMI inputs and eARC-supported soundbar, AVR or audio decoders, will be able to solve issues like lip sync errors.
The HD Fury “Arcana” is billed as “the world’s first eARC adapter,” designed to address problems like “lip sync” issues, that eARC was developed in part to solve, when using non-eARC supporting devices in the connection chain.
According to HD Fury’s product statement: “Arcana allows any HDMI source audio to any ARC sound system and any HDMI source full audio to any eARC sound system for up to Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby MAT Atmos, DTS-X, DTS-HD Master Audio and older formats.”
See What Your 4K UHD TV Can Really Do With The Spears & Munsil 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc, $39.95.
Amazon’s Best Selling 4K Ultra HDTVs
Amazon’s Camera, Photo & Video Deals
Amazon Fire TV Cube Media Adapter with Alexa
Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote
Amazon Echo Smart Speaker with Alexa Voice Control
Amazon Echo Show 8 Alexa Voice Controlled Smart Screen
Amazon Echo Dot with Clock Voice Controlled Speaker
Amazon Echo Studio 3D Audio Alexia Smart Speaker
4K Ultra HDTV Specials From Abt
Best Selling Soundbars and 5.1 Surround Systems
It is said to be the “perfect solution for a Sonos ARC/Bose 500/Bose 700 and any eARC or ARC AVR, soundbar or headphones.”
The company calls Arcana “the smartest converter solution for interoperability between any HDMI sources and eARC or ARC sound systems.”
The HD Fury Arcana if available for pre-order now for a discounted price of $155 “and combo deals.” A community developed product, HD Fury said shipping of all pre-ordered units is expected before Oct. 1, 2020.
Key features of the HD Fury Arcana include the following:
• Full Audio up to Atmos/TrueHD from any HDMI source/output to Sonos Arc or any eARC sound system
• Solve Sonos Arc lip sync issue when using external HDMI sources connected to eARC TV
• Works for HDMI source to eARC sound system or HDMI source to ARC sound system
• CEC control from TV at output to source at input (see Stretch Goal for other option)
• HDMI 2.0b Full Audio/Video passthrough up to 18Gbps/600MHz (SDR/HDR10/DV/LLDV)
• Allow Dolby Vision (DV) content playback from an LLDV capable source on any HDR10 display for improved picture quality. The primary difference between full DV and LLDV is the source player will apply tone mapping for LLDV, where full DV will happen on the actual TV if supported.
• HDMI2.0b Full Audio/Video output with an optional downscaler for improved picture quality on 1080p TV
• Allows HDCP 2.2 > 1.4 Conversion
• Performs Chroma, Color space and Color depth modification if needed
• Increases or decreases nits value of HDR metadata in real-time during HDR playback
• Provides live signal info and detail on OSD and OLED
• Rotary switch for OLED menu navigation
• USB type C (for power) and USB type A female (for USB stick update)
• RS232 jack connector (for integration and control, not needed for average users)
See demo video here:
In addition, HD Fury is trying to achieve an initial pre-order “stretch goal” of 800 orders, which if achieved the company said the Arcana may receive “additional super powers” including:
— Ability to forward CEC volume control from source to Sonos Arc
– Ability to forward CEC volume control from TV to Sonos Arc
– Ability to retrieve ARC from TV ARC input and forward it to Sonos Arc
“Our Dev Team has a roadmap and a specific approach to make this a reality; there is no guarantee that it will work, but the outlook is very promising,” the product announcement states. “One full month of development work is needed to get this working. Our Dev Team will begin to develop these super powers if we can reach 800 pre-ordered units in total before units start shipping.”
The company said if the goal is achieved the added features could be included before or shortly after shipping begins. Updates are handled via a firmware update download to an optional USB drive that connects to the side of the Arcana.
Online purchases made using links provided on this site might generate a small commission for HD Guru.com. We thank you for your support!
By Greg Tarr
Have a question for the HD Guru? HD GURU|Email
Copyright ©2020 HD Guru Inc. All rights reserved. HD GURU is a registered trademark.