Google Assistant Arrives On LG TVs
LG revealed this week that it has added support for Google Assistant AI voice technology to its lineup of 2018 webOS smart TVs.
The Google Assistant enhancement updates ride on top of the webOS platform in this year’s 4K OLED and Super UHD TV models. Earlier LG webOS smart TVs will not get the update.
Used with the TVs, Google Assistant voice control can be activated by pressing the microphone button on the remote control and speaking a command. Google Assistant will give LG’s TVs another level of operational skill, beyond the company’s own interactive voice control technology. This will include the ability to search for specific content on the smart TV system and control supported home automation devices.
The Google Assistant technology will turn LG’s AI TVs into a smart home operational hub, enabling control via voice input of devices including robotic vacuum cleaners, thermostats, air purifiers, smart lighting devices and others.
LG said Google Assistant will work with more than 5,000 smart devices from multiple brands using both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless connections.
In addition, LG’s smart TVs can be controlled via other Google Assistant-enabled devices including the Google Home speaker to perform basic TV functions including pausing, playing or adjusting TV volume.
By Greg Tarr
Have a question for the HD Guru? HD GURU|Email
Copyright ©2018 HD Guru Inc. All rights reserved. HD GURU is a registered trademark.
- Will Samsung’s New Pricing Plan End HDTV Price Shopping? HD GURU Exclusive on
- AT&T Gives DirecTV An Interface Lift, Looks To Mend Subscriber Losses on
- Lechner Distance: The Number You Need to Know Before Buying an HDTV on
- Disposable TVs: Vizio Tells Owners Their Sets Are Un-repairable on
- Review: Panasonic DP-UB820 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player Offers Premium Performance on