First Full HD 3D TVs To Arrive This Month-Online Retailers Are Taking Orders
(Feb. 14, 2010) On-line retailers are now taking pre-orders for Samsung’s LED LCD 3D ready 1080p HDTVs for delivery later this month. Samsung’s C7000 series models in the 46-inch (UN46C7000) and 55-inch (UN55C7000) screen sizes will ship on February 26, 2010 (according to an on-line retailer) to be followed in late March by the 40″ screen size. The 7000 series 3D Samsung LED LCDs will offer frame sequential 3D, with the addition of optional, extra cost 3D shutter type glasses ($ and availability TBA).
The link for the 46″ Ã‚Â and 55″ models can be found on Amazon.com [amazonify]B0036WT4EC::text:::: here[/amazonify]Ã‚Â [amazonify]B0036WT4JW::text::::and here[/amazonify] (You must roll over the linkÃ‚Â to see the ad, Amazon has dropped the link to the page. By rolling and holding your cursor over the link word “here”, the dropdown ad will appear, You can use it toÃ‚Â pre-order and see the price and other info.)
The Samsung UNxxC7000s are Samsung’s 2010 entry level 3D LED LCD series, replacing the 2009 UNxxB7000 and UNxxB7100 models. Amazon prices for the 40″, 46″ and 55″ sizes (including free shipping) are $1999.99, $2599.99 and $3299.99 respectively. These prices are significantly lower than the 2D 2009 “B” 7000 series at release last year. They were introduced at $2499.99 (40″) $2999.99 (46″) and $3799.99 (55″).
Viewing “Full HD” (1920 x 1080) 3D content requires three additional items: a 3D compatible Blu-ray player, a 3D Blu-ray movie disc, and Samsung 3D shutter glasses. Amazon briefly listed the Samsung 3D Blu-ray player model BD-C6900 late last month for $399.99 retail. (Sony announced this week its 3D Blu-ray upgradeable players will ship later this month starting at $199.99 retail, however, the firmware upgrade necessary for 3D playback won’t be available until July 2010, when Sony begins to ship its 3D LED LCD HDTVs.)
Samsung has not announced when it will be shipping its 3D glasses and its 3D Blu-ray player. We expect they will ship along with initial Blu-ray titles upon the C7000s release. Unlike Sony’s 3D offerings, these Samsung LED LCDs have a 3D conversion mode that will add the 3D effect to any 2D content. (You will still need the 3D glasses to see it.)
In addition to Amazon, on-line retailers Vanns, One Call and Electronics-Depot are taking pre-orders for the UNxxC7000 HDTVs. Currently Electronics Depot offers the lowest pre-order prices at $1719.59, $2233.19 and $2831.99 for the 40″, 46″ and 55″ models respectively. According to a Electronics Depot’s sales person we spoke to, these prices include free shipping.
Below are the main specifications for Samsung’s 2010 UNxxC7000 LED LCD models.
- 3D-ready / Skype compatible / 240Hz Clear Motion rate / [email protected]
- 4 rear HDMI inputs
- Other inputs: 2 rear USB ports / 1 rear component-video in / 1 rear PC in / 1 rear Ethernet in / 1 RF
- Audio enhancements: SRS TheaterSound / Dolby Digital decoding / DTS decoding
- Built-in speakers: 10W x 2-channels
- Mounting options: Swivel stand included / VESA 400mm x 400mm wall-mounting compatible
- 3D-ready with built-in wireless transmitter / Wireless shutter glasses sold separately (special 3D video content required)
- [email protected] widgets for BLOCKBUSTER, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, AccuWeather, Netflix, Pandora, Twitter, Vudu, and more / Separate internet connection required
- Skype picture-in-picture video calls (separate internet connection required)
- Audio output: 1 rear optical digital audio out
- Efficiency: Exceeds ENERGY STAR 4.0 standards by up to 57% / Light Sensor panel-brightness optimization
- Panel response time: Less than 4 ms
- BD Wise automatic picture adjustment
- Built-in digital tuner
- Ultra Slim design
- Mystic Earth Touch of Color bezel with chrome trim
- AllShare streaming from your PC
- ConnectShare Movie fast connection to digital cameras and thumbdrives
- Game Mode picture and sound optimization
- Wide Color Enhancer
- Ultra Clear Panel
Have a question for the HD Guru?
Copyright Ã‚Â©2010 HD Guru Inc. All rights reserved. HDGURU is a registered trademark. The content and photos within may not be distributed electronically or copied mechanically without specific written permission. The content within is based upon information provided to the editor, which is believed to be reliable. Data within is subject to change. HD GURU is not responsible for errors or omissions.